How do I care for my earrings and accessories?
Polymer Clay is a very durable plastic based clay that with the proper care will last a long time! Here are some tips to care for your jewelry:
- Avoid harsh chemicals like cleaners, perfumes, and chlorine.
- While polymer clay can get wet, you should avoid water when possible and take them off before swimming or showering. Water will not damage the clay, however it can cause damage to other materials used on your items like paint, special transfer papers, metal findings, etc.
- Since polymer clay bakes in the oven to cure, you should avoid leaving your earrings and accessories in the sun or exposed to long periods of heat. Plant stakes are for indoor plants only.
- Do not bend your earrings, throw them in your pockets or purse, or sleep in them. While durable, like anything else, proper care of your jewelry and items will increase their life expectancy.
- Should your earrings get dirty, you can clean them gently with a baby wipe or a soft damp cloth and a little bit of dish soap. A soft jewelry cloth can be used to clean the metal findings.
Are your earrings hypoallergenic?
Yes! I have recently transitioned into all hypoallergenic and nickel free jewelry findings. Silver colored jewelry is stainless steel or stainless steel and silver plated. Gold colored jewelry is mostly 18k gold plated stainless steel or nickel free brass.
Do you offer clip on earrings?
Yes! I have a few different clip on earring options that are stainless steel and 18k gold plated. Almost any earring can be made into a clip on, just send me a message through the contact page or email me to discuss clip on options.
Do you offer wholesale?
Wholesale options are coming soon, be on the lookout for updates!